Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sailor of the Stars


Sails are brimming full,
The solar wind a-blowing.
Skirting the rings of Saturn,
No cares for where we’re going.
We dock once on Titan,
Only for a day or two.
Then through the cosmos
I again renew my search for you.
Once I saw a shooting star,
And with addled hopes I thought
That I had found the shining face
Of the one I sought.
We sail uncharted waters,
As the Milky Way ends its run,
And since there’s still no sign of you
We head home toward the Sun.
I’ve sailed these heavenly waters,
This ocean full of stars,
From the gas seas of Neptune,
To the red mountains of Mars.
All the while hoping,
Still searching for my love.
These shining stars for guiding
Lie below me not above.
For I’ve searched the Earth twice over,
Then three times, then four.
I’ve explored every water
And I‘ve crested every shore.
Still my love eludes me there,
From Earthly love I’m barred.
So I’ll search the one place left to me
And sail among the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment